Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region III
June 7, 2007
May 22, 2009
Develop training and education programs for occupational health nurses and human resource professionals regarding OSHA standards and key issues in workplace safety and health training including such topics as bloodborne pathogens, OSHA recordkeeping, emergency preparedness, MSDs and workplace violence prevention.
Implementation Team Members
Carol Parks, President PAAOHN; Daurice Holly, Past President PAAOHN; Juanita Kantner, PAAOHN Alliance Coordinator; PA OSHA PA Area Office Compliance Assistance Specialists; Gregory Tate, OSHA Philadelphia Regional Office; PAAOHN Chapter Presidents.
Implementation Team Meetings
Numerous contacts (telephone conference calls and e-mail exchanges) were made to prepare for the training sessions, conferences and events throughout the year, including contacts directly with the area offices supporting the agreement.
Activities and Products
June 7, 2009 – June 7, 2011
- Wilkes Barre Area Office Compliance Assistance Specialist provided basic accident investigation training (as part of a disaster preparedness planning seminar) to PAAOHN members, approximately 20 attendees. 08/09/2010
- Philadelphia Regional Office Compliance Assistance Specialist presented training for chapter PAAOHN members. The training included the OSHA Update, bloodborne pathogens and hearing conservation as well as information on the OSHA website. There were approximately 80 attendees trained. 10/06/2010
- Allentown Area Office Compliance Assistance Specialist presented a OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Update to 15 attendees. 11/08/2010
- 4. Harrisburg Area Office Compliance Assistance Specialist conducted a presentation reaching 68 attendees at the PAAOHN 48th annual Educational Conference at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA from December 8-10th, 2010. The presentation included an OSHA Update, information on Recordkeeping, OSHA’s Top 10 Hazards, Ergonomics and the OSHA Field Operations Manual. 12/8/2010
- Outreach and Communication
- Harrisburg CAS staffed an OSHA exhibit table for the 48th annual PAAOHN Conference in Hershey, PA, on December 6-8, 2010. Approximately 100 attendees.
- Alliance continued to implement the PAAOHN web site feature “Ask the OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist” which connects PAAOHN membership to OSHA staff for quick answers to OSHA compliance and occupational safety and health questions. http://www.paaohn.org/OSHAUpdates/tabid/95/Default.aspx
- The PAAOHN Alliance continues to educate Occupational Health Nurses and professionals on current health and safety concerns, including OSHA Updates, pandemic flu, emergency response and OSHA recordkeeping.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
| See Training and Education Section for attendance breakdown
The Alliance formally concluded on June 10, 2011 and has not been renewed at this time. OSHA will continue to work with the PAAOHN (Pennsylvania Association of occupational health nurses) without a formal written agreement. Plans for the upcoming year include OSHA participation at the 48th annual PAAOHN Conference in Monroeville, PA, on September 14-16, 2011.
Report Prepared by: Gregory Tate, Philadelphia Regional Office
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.