The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Hampden Contractors recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American Workplaces. OSHA and Hampden Contractors hereby form an alliance to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical knowledge.
OSHA and Hampden Contractors agree to establish an Alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for Hampden Contractors' employees by:
- Provide members of the Hampden Contractors as well as other employers in the Construction Industry with information, resources and assistance in recognizing and preventing any unsafe acts/conditions and by promoting safe work practices through onsite education, training and inspections.
- Increasing access to safety and health information and training resources to further assist with regards to onsite training and education of the employee.
OSHA and Hampden Contractors will also work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop training and education programs on safety and health issues, and provide information to contractors for onsite training as required by OSHA.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses.
- Develop workplace safety and health curricula.
- Assist contractors with any information that may be helpful with any onsite problem.
OSHA and Hampden Contractors will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop & participate in monthly training sessions.
- Use existing safety and health communication you have including web sites, newsletters, outreach and conference exhibits.
- Speak at local meetings, or other events promoting Construction Safety.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in Hampden Contractors' best practices or effective approaches, as jointly determined by OSHA and Hampden Contractors.
- Keeping contractors up to date on OSHA regulations and assisting contractors in updating their written safety programs.
- Promote and encourage Hampden Contractors members' participation in OSHA' Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and Sharp.
OSHA and Hampden Contractors will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever Hampden Contractors' leaders address groups.
- Share information on best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and Hampden Contractors' construction worksites with others in the industry through outreach by Hampden Contractors and through OSHA - or Hampden Contractors – developed training programs and materials. Such information to be shared will be through print, electronic media, at safety meetings, or by any other means.
Convene or participate in safety forums, round table discussions on safety and health problems to help forge innovative solutions to hazardous conditions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues. Promoting the use of OSHA' outreach services, including consultation, training and technical assistance.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least quarterly to trace and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the alliance.
This agreement shall remain in effect for one year. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
Ronald E. Morin
Occupational Safety and
Springfield Area Office
for Hampden Contractor