Back to State Plan Alliances
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING AND REGULATION
MARYLAND OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
THE INDEPENDENT ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC. - CHESAPEAKE
Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH) and the Independent Electrical Contractors, Inc.-Chesapeake (IEC)
recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful workplaces. MOSH and IEC therefore agree
to form an Alliance to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention MOSH and IEC agree to establish an Alliance to
promote safe and healthful working conditions for electrical contractors’ employees by:
MOSH and IEC will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Providing IEC members with information and guidance that will help them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing
injuries and illnesses.
- Increasing access to safety and health information and training resources.
- Providing an understanding to employers concerning the financial benefits of maintaining a Safety Program and a safe working
Representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify
the roles and responsibilities of the participants. MOSH to be represented on the IEC Chesapeake Safety Committee to assure the
implementation of identified safety practices. In addition, they will meet to track and share information on activities and results in
achieving the goals of the Alliance.
- Seek opportunities to jointly develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, and through print and electronic media,
including links from MOSH’s and IEC’s Web sites.
- Seek opportunities to speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Promote and encourage IEC members’ awareness of and participation in MOSH’s cooperative programs such as Consultation, the Voluntary
Protection Program, and the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
This agreement will remain in effect for one year from the date of signing and will automatically be renewed annually thereafter. This
agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories and may be terminated for any reason with 30 days written
notice from either signatory.
Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Maryland Occupational Safety and Health
Independent Electrical Contractors, Inc.
James D. Fielder, Jr., Ph.D.