On May 26, 2005, OSHA and the National Demolition Association (NDA) formed an Alliance to provide
NDA's members and others in the demolition industry, including non-English or limited English
speaking employees, with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them
protect employees’ health and safety, by addressing issues such as emergency preparedness and
response and fall protection.
Because NDA has decided to focus on other projects and priorities, OSHA and NDA agreed to conclude
the Alliance as of May 26, 2007. Through OSHA and NDA’S working together to meet the agreements
goals, a number of successes resulted from the Alliance, including:
- Representatives from the association worked with OSHA to develop the OSHA Training Institute 3500
Demolition Training Course agenda and assisted in teaching the course to OSHA federal and State Plan
- OSHA and NDA worked together to develop the Silica and Skid Steer Safety Tips Sheet for Employers
- A representative from the association served on OSHA’s Demolition Safety and Health Topics page’s
- On April 3, 2007, Paula White, Director, Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs (DCSP),
USDOL-OSHA, gave two presentations on OSHA’s cooperative programs during the workshop “Contractor
Rights and Responsibilities during an OSHA Compliance Inspection” at the 34th NDA Annual Convention
in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- On March 29, 2006, Paula White, Director, DCSP, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation on OSHA's
compliance assistance resources for Hispanic employers and employees at the 33rd NDA Annual
Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- On October 27, 2005, Lee Anne Jillings, Director, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances,
USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation on the Alliance Program and the activities of the OSHA and NDA
Alliance at the 11th Annual NDA Safety Summit in Baltimore, Maryland.
- NDA had a representative on the OSHA Alliance Program’s Construction Roundtable Fall Protection
Report prepared by: Jess McCluer, Alliance Coordinator, Office of Outreach Services
and Alliances, May 14, 2007