(formerly National Council of La Raza) (signed May 20, 2011; renewed September 20, 2013; concluded September 20, 2018)
Through the OSHA and UnidosUS Alliance, both organizations are committed to providing UnidosUS affiliates and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them; 1) protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to hazards in construction, healthcare, service, agriculture and "green" industries and addressing issues associated with low-wage, limited basic education, and other vulnerable worker populations, including temporary workers, and 2) understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Outreach and communication
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or UnidosUS's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- To encourage UnidosUS affiliates to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address health and safety issues, including hazards in construction, healthcare, service, agriculture, and "green" industries and issues associated with low-wage, limited basic education, and other vulnerable worker populations, including temporary workers.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2011-2012, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2017, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Closeout Report as of September 20, 2018, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, National Council of La Raza form Alliance. OSHA News Release, (2011, May 26). A Spanish version is also available.
- OSHA and the National Council of La Raza form Alliance to protect vulnerable workers. OSHA QuickTakes, (2011, June 1).