International Carwash Association (ICA)
(signed November 1, 2005; concluded November 1, 2007)
Through the OSHA and ICA Alliance, the organizations will work together to provide members of the professional car wash/car care industry, including small businesses and non-English or limited English speaking employees, with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety. The organizations will focus on reducing and preventing exposure to workplace hazards associated with slips, trip and falls, hazard communication and vehicle operation safety. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and the ICA's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding ICA's best practices or effective approaches and publicize the results through outreach by ICA and through OSHA- or ICA-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on car care industry issues such as, slips, trips and falls, hazard communication and vehicle operation safety to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
- Agreement signed November 1, 2005.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2005-2006, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, ASSE, CSSE and Industry Groups Team Up to Increase Job Safety for North American Occupational Safety and Health Week. OSHA News Release, (2007, May 4).
- OSHA Aligns with International Carwash Association. OSHA News Release, (2005, November 1).
Products and Resources
- Safety Tips Sheet: Slips, Trips and Fall Injuries (PDF*). This tips sheet is a product of the OSHA and ICA Alliance and was developed for employers and employees in the carwash industry. Describes the possible causes of slips, trips and fall injuries and how the injuries could be prevented.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs at (202) 693-2200 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs at (202) 693-2200.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top