Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI)
(signed December 2, 2004; concluded December 2, 2006)
The OSHA and BSCAI Alliance will provide BSCAI members and others, including those with limited English proficiency and small businesses with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety. The Alliance particularly focuses on reducing and preventing ergonomic injuries and exposure to hazardous materials in multiple work environments encountered by building service contractors and their employees. Goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs that address workplace safety and health issues, such as ergonomics and exposure to hazardous materials.
Outreach and communication
- Speak, exhibit and/or appear at OSHA's and BSCAI's educational conferences and trade shows such as the BSCAI Annual Trade Show.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding BSCAI's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by BSCAI and through OSHA or BSCAI developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health, such as the use of ergonomic tools in the building services industry, and publicize their results.
- Agreement signed December 2, 2004.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2004-2005, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of December 2, 2006.
Alliance News Releases
- Building Service Contractors Association Aligns with OSHA. OSHA News Release, (2004, December 02).