<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed December 2, 2004; concluded December 2, 2006)
The OSHA and BSCAI Alliance will provide BSCAI members and others, including
those with limited English proficiency and small businesses with information, guidance, and access
to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety. The Alliance
particularly focuses on reducing and preventing ergonomic injuries and exposure to hazardous
materials in multiple work environments encountered by building service contractors and their
employees. Goals of the Alliance include:
(seated left to right) BSCAI Executive Vice President, Carol A. Dean and
OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary, John Henshaw, sign national Alliance on December 2, 2004 as BSCAI
President, LeRoy Dock looks on.
(seated left to right) BSCAI Executive Vice President, Carol A. Dean, OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary,
John Henshaw and BSCAI President, LeRoy Dock pose with BSCAI Legal Council for Government
Affairs, Michael McNamara (left) and Michael Zolandz from Sonnenschein, Nath and Rosenthal LLP.
Training and education:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs that address
workplace safety and health issues, such as ergonomics and exposure to hazardous materials.
Outreach and communication:
- Speak, exhibit and/or appear at OSHA's and BSCAI's educational
conferences and trade shows such
as the BSCAI Annual Trade Show.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding
BSCAI's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by BSCAI and
through OSHA or BSCAI developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or
any other applicable forum).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health, such
as the use of ergonomic tools in the building services industry, and publicize their results.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
- March 24-28, 2006: BSCAI's 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show, Gaylord Opryland Resort,
- March 27, 2006: Garret Rea, Industrial Hygiene Supervisor; Consultative Services, Tennessee
Department of Labor Workforce Development, gave a presentation entitled, "The Consultation
- March 27, 2006: Earl Hicks, Program Analyst, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances,
Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation entitled, "OSHA
and Building Service Contractors Association International Alliance."
- Earl Hicks, Program Analyst, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances, Directorate of
Cooperative and State Programs, USDOL-OSHA, staffed the OSHA/BSCAI Alliance exhibit booth.