TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Consultation’s Participation in OSHA Cooperative Programs
Type: Text Slide
- Signatory on 93 Regional and 24 National Alliances.
- Signatory on 64 OSHA Strategic Partnerships and supports an additional 77.
There are 70 National and 278 Regional Alliances – Consultation is a signatory on 93 Regional and
24 National Alliances.
There are 225 current OSHA Partnership - Consultation is a signatory on 64 and supports an
ALLIANCE) The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
(ALLIANCE) American Pyrotechnics Association (APA)
- (NFIB) is supporting OSHA’s Hispanic Fairs
- The fairs are sponsored by USF Safety Florida (Florida’s Consultation Project).
- NFIB is also sending letters to approximately 1,000 members in the area to promote the Florida fairs
- The last fair was: South Florida Hispanic Safety Fair: June 4, 2005 in Homestead, FL.
- The next fair is: Central Florida Hispanic Safety Fair: Aug. 20, 2005 in Kissimmee, FL.
(OSP) Foundry Ergonomic Partnership:
- APA is providing training on display pyrotechnics to OSHA staff in several Regions in May and June 2005.
- Consultation Projects Officers are expected to participate at these events.
- 4 trainings have occurred in PA, FL, and TX
- The next training is: Region VII : June 22 in Kansas City, MO
- Region V Signed March 14, 2003
- 6 employers, over 5,000 employees.
- State consultants are present at every quarterly meeting and take part in the foundry tours.
- Wisconsin Aluminum reduced the ergonomic injury and illness rates by 43% reduction over a 4 year
- Waupaca Foundry implemented an engineering control in the core room that cut shoulder and back
injury costs from $150,000/year to about $5,000 after the first 10 months.