<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed October 9, 2003; concluded October 9, 2005)
OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary, John Henshaw and William F. Aichele, President, ADC sign national Alliance on October 9, 2003.
Through the Alliance, OSHA and ADC will work together to promote safe and healthful working conditions for commercial divers especially in the areas of increased barometric pressure and differential risks conditions. OSHA and ADC will develop and make available training courses and education programs on safety issues specific to commercial diving and underwater services and share up-to-date commercial diving information, such as hazard and workforce trends, to identify priorities for the development of outreach programs. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education:
- Develop and make available training courses and education programs on safety issues specific to commercial diving and underwater services through sharing up-to-date commercial diving information such as hazard and workforce trends, between ADC and OSHA.
- Provide the OSHA Training Institute with educational and training support on issues specific to commercial diving.
Outreach and communication:
- Develop and update ADC's respiratory and circulatory safety and health presentations for use by the commercial diving and underwater industry, the users of commercial diving and underwater services and OSHA.
- Encourage ADC chapters to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address increased barometric pressure and differential risks conditions.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Participate in forums, roundtable discussions and conferences on commercial diving safety and health issues to help forge innovative solutions to raising safety awareness within the commercial diving, underwater and underwater services industries.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
- February 14-16, 2005: Underwater Intervention, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- David Doucet and Steven St. Martin, Baton Rouge Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, staffed the OSHA/ADC Alliance exhibit booth during the conference.
- February 17-19, 2004: Underwater Intervention, Ernest R. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages