Crane Operator Certification Requirements
- OSHA announces intent to extend compliance date for crane operator certification requirements. OSHA News Release, May 22, 2013.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Attendees List
- Notes from Meetings - OSHA
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) [153 KB PDF*, 7 pages]
- The International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) [1.5 MB PDF*, 10 pages]
- Sturm Corporation
|9:00||Welcome and introduction/presentation
Discussion of question #1: Operator certification/qualification
Discussion of question #2: Type and capacity requirement for operator certification
The International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) has requested OSHA amend the "Capacity and Type" language in 1926.1427(b)(1)(ii)(B) and 1926.1427(b)(1). These provisions require different levels of certification based on capacity and type of equipment and deems the operator qualified to operate for which they are certified or for higher-capacity equipment of that type. IUOE Petition [1.92 MB PDF*, 21 pages]
Stakeholder Meeting FAQs
For general information about this meeting or submitting comments or requests to speak: Directorate of Construction, Room N-3468, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210; telephone (202)-693-2020.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Construction at 202-693-2020 for assistance accessing accessing PDF, PPT, and Video materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.