Region 6 - Alliance Annual Report - April 12, 2012
April 12, 2012
DALLAS Area Office AND The Independent Electrical Contractors Dallas Chapter
- Alliance Background
Date Signed: May 13, 2011Implementation Team Members
End Date: May 12, 2013
Alliance with the Independent Electrical Contractors Dallas Chapter (IEC) and the Dallas Area Office and directed towards reducing injuries, illnesses and fatalities in the electrical work in construction and general industry. IEC conducts semi-monthly safety meeting where best practices and incident trends are discussed, and guest speakers provide safety information to address hazards in the industry.
Independent Electrical Contractors
Jerry Thomas, Executive Director
Danny Espino, President (2011),
Stephen Boyd, AD, Dallas AOEvaluation Period
Elias Vela, CAS, Dallas AO
July 6, 2011 through April 12, 2012
- Implementation Team Meetings
A 10-hour Construction Safety course was conducted a the IEC facility in Irving, TX
Jan 12, & 13, 2012
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- The IE provided a safety forum for companies and organizations involved in the electrical wiring in the construction industry and meet on a monthly basis to discuss accident trends, best practices, disseminate safety information, and have speakers talk on relevant topics to safety in the exploration and production field. Meetings are held monthly and last approximately two hours.
- Monthly safety forums
- Maintains a website to facilitate the dissemination of information to the industry in the Dallas Texas area. In the past year the site has received over 900 hits being used to locate safety resources.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- No National dialogue at this time
- No products developed at this time
- Upcoming Milestones
The DAO will conduct a 10-hour Construction Safety course on June 18th and 19th, 2012.