Region 6 - Alliance Renewal Agreement - July 21, 2011
AGREEMENT RENEWING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
BATON ROUGE AREA OFFICE
GULF COAST SAFETY COUNCIL
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Gulf Coast Safety Council (GCSC) recognize the value of renewing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and GCSC hereby renew an Alliance to provide petrochemical industry personnel and industry contract workers, including non-English or limited English speaking employees, with information, guidance, and access to industrial education training resources that will help protect employees' health and safety. OSHA and GCSC will focus on safety and health hazards associated within the local petro-chemical industry, such as fall hazards, equipment operation hazards, and chemical hazard communication. In developing this Alliance, OSHA and GCSC recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the GCSC will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Work to provide expertise to develop training and education programs for petrochemical processing facility personnel and industry contract workers and non-English or limited English speaking employees regarding fall hazards, equipment operation hazards, chemical hazard communication and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
OSHA and GCSC will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Work to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA'S and GCSC Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding GCSC's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by GCSC and through OSHA – or GCSC's developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Promote and encourage GCSC members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Programs, and the Consultation Program and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
OSHA and GCSC will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on foundation drilling issues such as fall protection, equipment operation hazards and chemical hazard communication and, to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. The Alliance Management Team will include representatives of OSHA's Region VI, Baton Rouge Area Office, appropriate area office staff and members from GCSC.
This agreement will remain in effect for a two year period. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all signatories.
Signed this 21st Day of July, 2011.
Baton Rouge Area Office
|Sylvester Hedges, Jr
Gulf Coast Safety Council (GCSC)