The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Charleston Area Office and Appalachian STEPS Network (ASN) members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to the hazards associated with the various phases of oil and gas extractions.
Implementation Team Members:
Prentice Cline – Area Director, Charleston Area Office
Richard Jeffrey – Compliance Assistance Specialist, Charleston Area Office
Matt Boggs, Chairperson of ASN, SWN
Brittney Orweck, Secretary/ Delrick Corp
Implementation Team Meetings
ASN 2018 Members Meetings
- 07/14/2017 – Meeting and training for members.
- 08/17/2017 – Board Meeting and members meeting; planning Blackline safety; quality control and proper inspection of equipment
- 10/11/2017 – Canaan training for members Gas detection training
- 12/07/2017 – Fairmont ST University Steptoe & Johnson Attorney training
- 03/15/2018 – Morgantown members meeting and training
- 05/17/2018 – Falls Stand-down training and meeting
In addition to these formal meetings, the Alliance coordinators from both groups maintained regular contact, both person to person and telephonically, throughout the reporting period to monitor the Alliance’s progress and results.