The Graphic Arts Coalition (GAC), formerly called the Printing Industry Alliance is renewing its Alliance. The GAC is comprised of the four following associations:
- Printing Industries of America (PIA)/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF)
- Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
- Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
- Gravure Association of America (GAA)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and the organizations will provide GAC members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in addressing ergonomics, hazard communication, machine guarding and lockout/tagout issues. Goals of the Alliance include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and the GAC's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or GAC's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Promote and encourage GAC members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP), and the Consultation Program and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and publicize their results.