Easy Dos and Don'ts -
Safe Knife Handling
- Keep knives sharpened and let other staff know when knives are newly
- Use a knife only for its intended purpose.
- Use the appropriate knife for the job.
- Carry knives with the cutting edge slightly away from your body.
- Store knives properly in racks or knife sheaths.
- Touch knife blades.
- Try and catch a falling knife, let it fall.
- Hand a knife to someone. Put it down on the counter and let him or
her pick it up.
- Leave a knife soaking in a sink of water.
- Talk to people while using a knife.