- Safety and Health Topics
Hazard and Solutions
- The following video clips and images from OSHA inspections display some of the machinery and related hazards associated with sawmill operations (Windows Media Player or an equivalent is necessary to view video clips).
- Peeler Deck Operation. (May 18, 1999).
- Doweler Feed Gears. (June 10, 1999).
- Trim Saw/Conveyor. (June 10, 1999).
- Personal Protective Equipment. OSHA Publication 3151, (2004). Discusses the types of equipment most commonly used to protect the head, torso, arms, hands, and feet. Additional topics include requirements, hazard assessment, selection, and employee training.
- Hand and Power Tools (PDF). OSHA Publication 3080, (Revised 2002). Presents to employees and employers a summary of the basic safety procedures and safeguards associated with hand and portable power tools.
- Hazards Communication Guidelines for Compliance (PDF). OSHA Publication 3111, (2000). Provides a general guide for employers that do not produce or import chemicals to help them determine what the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires.
- Materials Handling and Storing. OSHA Publication 2236, (Revised 2002). Helps employers know and understand the potential hazards associated with the task at hand and how to control their workplaces to minimize the danger.
- Process Safety Management (PDF). OSHA Publication 3132, (2000). Summarizes the OSHA final process safety management (PSM) standard.