Poultry Processing Industry eTool
Other Resources Materials in Spanish
DISCLAIMER: The materials listed below are examples of Spanish-language materials that are available relating to occupational safety and health in the poultry processing industry. With the exception of the items listed under "OSHA Publications," the Occupational Safety and Health Administration does not control nor is it responsible for the accuracy (of fact or translation), relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any of the listed materials. The inclusion of any item is not intended to reflect its importance nor to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered by the author, the referenced material, or the organization producing the material.
Compliance responsibilities are set forth in OSHA standards and the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Moreover, because interpretations and enforcement policy may change over time, for additional guidance on OSHA compliance requirements, the reader should consult current administrative interpretations and decisions by the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission and the courts.
Copies of some of these publications can be ordered online or by telephone from the OSHA Publications Office.
- OSHA Job Safety and Health Poster (Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo)*. OSHA Publication 3167, (2015).
- Worker Rights: We Can Help (Los derechos de los trabajadores bajo el Acta de OSHA)*. OSHA Publication 3419, (2011).
- Worker Rights Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (Derechos Del Trabajador Cubiertos por la Ley de Seguaridad y Salud de 1970)*.
- Cold Stress (LProtegiendo a los trabajadores del estrés por frío)*. OSHA Publication 3158, (2015).
- The OSHA State Plan in Puerto Rico has translated into Spanish a number of Federal Register publications concerning OSHA standards. Paper copies of the translations may be purchased directly from the State Plan.
Selected Materials in NIOSH National Agricultural Safety Database (NASD)
- Basic First Aid (Primeros Auxilios Basicos).
- Preventing Slips and Trip (Evitando Resbalones y Tropezones).
Public Service Announcements
- Back Safety Dialogue (La Seguridad de la Espalda).
- Electrical Shock (Seguridad Alrededor de las Lineas de Electricidad).
- Fatal Electrocution in Poultry Processing Plant (Una Electrocucion Fatal en Planta Procesadora de Aves).
North Carolina Department of Labor
Bureau of Standards, Analysis, and Publications
Division of Occupational Safety and Health
4 West Edenton Street, Raleigh, NC 27601-1092
350 Winter Street, NE, Room 26, Salem, OR 97310
- The Oregon OSHA AV Library has a number of Spanish-language videos that it will lend, primarily to Oregon businesses and organizations but occasionally to borrowers outside the state. Call 1-503-947-7453, or toll-free in Oregon at (800) 922-2689. E-mail the AV Librarian.
- Download Videos has a downloadable interactive bi-lingual (English/Spanish) training program that contains nine training sessions. Includes materials on hazard identification, unsafe versus safe conditions/acts, and proposed corrective actions to implement.
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
Training, Safety & Health Video Library
PO Box 44607, Olympia, WA 98504-4607
- Washington State OSHA (WISHA) has a number of Spanish-language videos that it will lend in Washington only. The catalog can be viewed and/or ordered at Search Video Catalog. Videos en linea has viewable or downloadable videos available.
Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP)
University of California
2223 Fulton Street, Fourth Floor; Berkeley, CA 94720-5120
Manuales de Instruccion Sobre la Salud y Seguridad: "Como Proteger a los Trabajadores de los Peligros en el Trabajo" y "El Efecto de las Sustancias Quimicas en el Cuerpo". (Health and Safety Training Kits: "Protecting Workers from Job Hazards" and "How Chemicals Affect the Body"). Berkeley, CA, Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP), University of California, and Southwest Network for Environmental and Economic Justice, 1996.
Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program (LOSH)
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
6350 B Public Policy Building
PO Box 951478, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1478
"La Fuente Obrera". ("Workers’ Sourcebook"). A catalog of Spanish language materials organized in 46 categories by industry or activity. UCLA-Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program and Pan American Health Organization , 2nd edition in process.
National Chicken Council/National Turkey Federation Safety and Health Committee
Developed by and available from Safe Systems of America, Inc.
11408 Orchard Park Drive–Suite 316, Glen Allen, VA 23059
- "Reglas Basicas de Seguridad para el Procesamiento Avicola." ("Basic Safety Rules for Poultry Processing"). S.A.F.E. Systems of America, Inc. 1997.
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
1775 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Important Facts about Musculoskeletal Disorders
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.