Procurement Unit Leader
The following sections provide information on this position:
Unit Leader - General
Procurement Unit Leader - is responsible for administering all financial
matters pertaining to vendor contracts, leases, and fiscal
Unit Leader - Specific Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the Procurement Unit Leader
- Review Common
Unit Leader Responsibilities.
- Review incident needs and any special procedures
with Unit Leaders, as needed.
- Coordinate with local jurisdiction on plans and
- Obtain the Incident Procurement Plan.
- Prepare and authorize contracts and land-use agreements.
- Draft memoranda of understanding as necessary.
- Establish contracts and agreements with supply vendors.
- Provide for coordination between the Ordering Manager,
agency dispatch, and all other procurement organizations
supporting the incident.
- Ensure that a system is in place that meets agency
property management requirements.
- Ensure proper accounting for all new property.
- Interpret contracts and agreements; resolve disputes
within delegated authority.
- Coordinate with the Compensation/Claims
Unit for processing claims.
- Coordinate use of impress funds, as required.
- Complete final processing of contracts and send
documents for payment.
- Coordinate cost data in contracts with the Cost
- Brief the Finance/Administration
Section Chief on current problems and recommendations,
outstanding issues, and follow-up requirements.
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214,
5 KB PDF*).
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.