Powered by GoogleTranslate
eTools Home:Incident Command System (ICS) Org Chart | Concept of Response | Unit Guide | Position Task Book | Forms | Sample Map | Credits
Incident Command System
<< Back to Previous


Section 107(f)(2) of CERCLA (as amended by section 1006 of OPA) authorize state, federal, and Indian tribal trustees to act on behalf of the public to present a claim for and recover damages to natural resources injured by an oil spill or hazardous substance release. As part of this process, the natural resource trustees may conduct a natural resource damage assessment (NRDA), which can involve some data collection during emergency response. Section 300.135(j)(2) of the NCP requires the OSC to "coordinate all response activities with the affected natural resource trustees and, for discharges of oil...consult with the affected trustees on the appropriate removal action to be taken." The NCP also calls for the trustees to designate a lead administrative trustee to ensure coordination between response and NRDA activities. Thus, although NRDA activities are not carried out under the direction of the OSC, a means of coordination between the OSC and the trustees needs to be established as part of pre-incident planning. For more information about natural resources trustees and ICS/UC, see the NRT fact sheet titled, "Federal Natural Resource Trustees and the ICS/UC," available on the NRT web site.

eTools Home :Incident Command System (ICS) Org Chart | Concept of Response | Unit Guide | Position Task Book | Forms | Sample Map | Credits

Back to Top

Thank You for Visiting Our Website

You are exiting the Department of Labor's Web server.

The Department of Labor does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the linked organization or its views, or contents, nor does it vouch for the accuracy or accessibility of the information contained on the destination server. The Department of Labor also cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked Web site. Thank you for visiting our site. Please click the button below to continue.