The major responsibilities of the Incident Dispatcher are:
- Review Common Responsibilities.
- Ensure adequate staffing (Incident Communications Manager).
- Obtain and review the Incident Action Plan (IAP) to determine the incident organization and Incident Radio Communications Plan.
- Set up Incident Radio Communications Center; check-out equipment.
- Request service on any inoperable or marginal equipment.
- Set-up Message Center location, as required.
- Receive and transmit messages within and external to the incident.
- Maintain files of Status Change Cards (ICS Form 210, 4 KB PDF*) and
- General Messages (ICS Form 213, 5 KB PDF*).
- Maintain a record of unusual incident occurrences.
- Provide a briefing to relief personnel on:
- Current activities.
- Equipment status.
- Any unusual communications situations.
- Turn in appropriate documents to the Incident Communications Manager or Communications Unit Leader.
- Demobilize the Communications Center in accordance with the Incident Demobilization Plan.
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214, 5 KB PDF*).