The following sections provide information on this position:
Manager - General
The Equipment Manager - provides service, repair, and fuel for all apparatus and equipment; provides transportation and support vehicle services; and maintains records of equipment use and service provided.
|Equipment Manager - Specific Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the Equipment Manager are:
- Review Common Responsibilities.
- Obtain the Incident Action Plan (IAP) to determine locations for assigned resources, Staging Area locations, and fueling and service requirements for all resources.
- Obtain necessary equipment and supplies.
- Provide maintenance and fueling according to schedule.
- Prepare schedules to maximize use of available transportation.
- Provide transportation and support vehicles for incident use.
- Coordinate with Agency Representatives on service and repair policies, as required.
- Inspect equipment condition and ensure coverage by equipment agreement.
- Determine supplies (e.g., gasoline, diesel, oil and parts needed to maintain equipment in an efficient operating condition), and place orders with the Supply Unit.
- Maintain Support Vehicle Inventory (ICS Form 218, 4 KB PDF*)
- Maintain equipment rental records.
- Maintain equipment service and use records.
- Check all service repair areas to ensure that all appropriate safety measures are being taken.
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214, 5 KB PDF*).
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.