The major responsibilities of the Check-in/Status Recorders are:
- Review Common Responsibilities
- Obtain required work materials, including Check-inLists (ICS Form 211, 10 KB PDF*), Resource Status Cards (ICS Form 219, 7 KB PDF*), and status display boards.
- Establish communications with the Communication Center and Ground Support Unit.
- Post signs so that arriving resources can easily find incident check-in location(s).
- Record check-in information on Check-in Lists (ICS Form 211).
- Transmit check-in information to the Resources Unit on a regular pre-arranged schedule or as needed.
- Forward completed Check-in Lists (ICS Form 211) and Status Change Cards (ICS Form 210, 4 KB PDF*) to the Resources Unit.
- Receive, record, and maintain resource status information on Resource Status Cards (ICS Form 219) for incident-assigned single resources, Strike Teams, Task Forces, and overhead personnel.
- Maintain files of Check-in Lists (ICS Form 211).
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214, 5 KB PDF*).