The following is a checklist applicable to all personnel in an ICS organization:
- Receive assignment from your agency, including:
- Job assignment (e.g., Strike Team designation, position, etc.).
- Resource order number and request number.
- Reporting location.
- Reporting time.
- Travel instructions.
- Any special communications instructions (e.g., travel, radio frequency).
- Upon arrival at the incident, check-in at the designated check-in location. Check-in may be found at any of the following locations:
- Incident Command Post (ICP)
- Base or Camps
- Staging Areas
Note: If you are instructed to report directly to a line assignment, check-in with the Division/Group Supervisor.
- Receive briefing from immediate supervisor.
- Agency Representatives from assisting or cooperating agencies report to the Liaison Officer (LO) at the ICP after check-in.
- Acquire work materials.
- Supervisors shall maintain accountability for their assigned personnel with regard as to exact location(s) and personal safety and welfare at all times, especially when working in or around incident operations.
- Organize and brief subordinates.
- Know your assigned radio frequency(s) for your area of responsibility and ensure that communication equipment is operating properly.
- Use clear text and ICS terminology (no codes) in all radio communications. All radio communications to the Incident Communications Center will be addressed: "(Incident Name) Communications" (e.g., "TWA 800 Communications").
- Complete forms and reports required of the assigned position and send through the supervisor to the Documentation Unit.
- Respond to demobilization orders and brief subordinates regarding demobilization.