Sources of Additional ICS Information
In addition to writing much of the content in this ICS/UC Technical Assistance eTool, the
National Response Team
(NRT) has developed several other ICS/UC-related documents,
- Minimum Essential ICS Training Elements
- Federal Natural Resource Trustees and the ICS/UC
- Annex 3 of the NRT Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP)
Guidance. (61 FR 28641) (Annex 3 [on page 28647] Provides
a description of a response management system based
on National Interagency Incident Management System (NIIMS) ICS.)
ICS resources include the following:
Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG). Provides publications
including ICS position task books, ICS job aids, ICS
position descriptions and responsibilities, and an
- Computer-assisted Instruction for ICS: Self-study
Course. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the US Fire Administration, National
Fire Academy, in cooperation with the U.S. Army Reserve.
- Setting Objectives in a Unified Command: The
'Cost' of Leadership. 1997 International Oil
Spill Conference (IOSC) Proceedings.
- Unified Command: The Mechanism for Ensuring
a Comprehensive, Coordinated Response. 1995 IOSC Proceedings.
- ICS Unified Command Video. Texas General Land Office,
Oil Spill Prevention and Response Division, 1995.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF and PPT materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.