The major responsibilities of the Air Tactical Group Supervisor are:
- Review Common Responsibilities
- Determine what aircraft (air tankers and helicopters) are operating within the area of assignment.
- Manage air tactical activities based upon the Incident Action Plan (IAP).
- Establish and maintain communications and Air Traffic Control, with pilots, Air Operations, Helicopter Coordinator, Air Tanker/Fixed Wing Coordinator, Air Support Group (usually Helibase Manager), and fixed-wing Support Bases.
- Coordinate approved flights of non-incident aircraft or non-tactical flights in restricted air space area.
- Obtain information about air traffic external to the incident.
- Receive reports of non-incident aircraft violating restricted air space area (Operations Section Chief (OPS), Branch Director, or Division/Group Supervisor).
- Make tactical recommendations to approved ground contact.
- Inform AIROPS of tactical recommendations affecting the air operations portion of the IAP.
- Report on air operations activities to the AIROPS. Advise air operations immediately if aircraft mission assignments are causing conflicts in the Air Traffic Control System.
- Report on incidents/accidents.
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214, 5 KB PDF*).