Eye and Face Protection eTool
Eye and Face Protection Home Additional References
- General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart I, Personal protective equipment
- 1910 Subpart Q, Welding, cutting, and brazing
- Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- Construction (29 CFR 1926)
National Consensus Standards
Note: These are NOT OSHA regulations. However, they do provide guidance from their originating organizations related to worker protection.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Z87.1-1989, Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection. (1998). Provides a performance-oriented eye and face standard.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Personal Protective Equipment. OSHA Publication 3151, (2004).
- Small Business Handbook. OSHA Publication 2209, (2005). Helps small business employers meet the legal requirements imposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (the Act), and achieve an in-compliance status before an OSHA inspection.
- OSHA Directorate of Training and Education (DTE)
OSHA Technical Manual
- OSHA Technical Manual (OTM). OSHA Directive TED 01-00-015 [TED 1-0.15A], (January 20, 1999).