Eye and Face Protection eTool
Eye and Face Protection Home Additional References
- General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart I, Personal protective equipment
- 1910 Subpart Q, Welding, cutting, and brazing
- Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- Construction (29 CFR 1926)
National Consensus Standards
Note: These are NOT OSHA regulations. However, they do provide guidance from their originating organizations related to worker protection.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Z87.1-1989, Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection. (1998). Provides a performance-oriented eye and face standard.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Small Business Handbook (PDF). OSHA Publication 2209-02R, (2005).
- OSHA Directorate of Training and Education (DTE)
OSHA Technical Manual
- OSHA Technical Manual (OTM). OSHA Directive TED 01-00-015 [TED 1-0.15A], (1999, January 20).
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.