References >> Storage Vessel Design
- Safety Standard for Refrigeration Systems.
ANSI/ASHRAE 15-2001, (2001). Section 9, Design and Construction of Equipment and Systems
- 9.1, Materials
- 9.2, System Design Pressure
- 9.3, Refrigerant Containing Pressure
- 9.4, Pressure Relief Protection
- 9.5, Setting of Pressure-Relief Devices
- 9.6, Marking of Relief Devices and
- 9.7, Pressure Vessel Protection
- 9.9, Pressure-Limiting Devices
- 9.10, Refrigerant Piping, Valves,
Fittings, and Related Parts
- 9.11, Components Other Than Pressure Vessels and Piping (liquid level gauges and pressure gauges)
- IIAR Ammonia Refrigeration Library.
- 5.10, Pressure Vessels
- 5.14, Pressure-Relief Devices
- 5.15, Pipe
- 5.16, Visual Liquid Level Indicators
- 7.1, Piping
- 7.2, Insulation
- 7.6, Ammonia Handling and Storage
- Uniform Mechanical Code, Chapter 15 Mechanical Refrigerating Equipment 1988 Edition
(or latest edition).
- Section 1516, Pressure Relief Devices - Pressure Vessels
- Mechanical Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Installations Aboard Ship.
- 7.1, Pressure Vessels
- 7.3, Pressure-Relief Devices
- 8.0, Piping
The National Board Inspection Code (2001). The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel
Inspectors, National Board Inspection Code.
- B31.5-2006 Refrigeration Piping and Heat Transfer Components.. ASME/ANSI (2001). Refrigeration Piping,
- IIAR Ammonia Refrigeration Piping Handbook.
- 9-1, 1987 Pressure Vessels
- IIAR Bulletin No. 109. IIAR Ammonia Refrigeration Library.
Guidelines for IIAR Minimum Safety Criteria for a Safe Ammonia Refrigeration System
- 4.3, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers and
- 4.5, Refrigerant Pumps
- 4.6, Visual Liquid Level Indicators
- 4.7, Piping System
- IIAR Bulletin No. 110. IIAR Ammonia Refrigeration Library.
Guidelines for Start-Up, Inspection, and Maintenance of Ammonia Mechanical Refrigerating Systems
- 6.4, Pressure Vessels and Heat
- 6.6, Valves and Sensing Devices
- 6.7, Piping
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. ASME (2010), Section VIII provides requirements applicable to the design, fabrication, inspection, testing, and certification of pressure vessels operating at either
internal or external pressures exceeding 15 psig.
- Division 1, Rules for the Construction of Pressure
- Division 2, Alternative Rules for the
Construction of Pressure Vessels
- Division 3, Alternative Rules for the Construction of High Pressure Vessels
- Mechanical Integrity Supplement to the Maintenance Excellence Guide.
American Chemistry Council, 1994.
- 5.0, Pressure Vessels
- 5.1, Definitions
- 5.2, Issues and Checklists
- 6.0, Storage Tanks
- 6.1, Definitions
- 6.2, Issues and Checklists
- 11.0, Resources for Good Engineering Practice
- 11.1, Pressure Vessels
- 11.2, Storage Tanks