- Safety and Health Topics
- Radiological Dispersal Devices (RDD) / Dirty Bombs
Radiological Dispersal Devices (RDD) / Dirty Bombs
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Blast Injuries: Radiological Dispersal Devices and Radiation Injury. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), (September 24, 2008). Provides information on the following topics: triage and staff protection, decontaminating the injured, diagnosis and treatment, and radiation-related illness/injury.
- Prussian Blue (ferric hexacyanoferrate (II)) for Treatment of Internal Contamination with Thallium or Radioactive Cesium. U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). FDA approves use of prussian blue for treatment of internal contamination with thallium or radioactive cesium.
- Radiological Dispersal Devices: Assessing the Transnational Threat. National Defense University (NDU), (March 1998). Examines threat and differentiates the physical from the psychological impact on a targeted population.
- Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat. Federation of American Scientists (FAS), (March/April 2002). Provides background, case studies, and recommendations regarding dirty bombs.
- IAEA Action Plan to combat nuclear terrorism. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Introduces the IAEA action plan designed to upgrade worldwide protection against acts of terrorism involving nuclear and other radioactive materials. Also includes links to other related information.
- Management of Terrorist Events Involving Radioactive Material. National Council for Radiation Protection & Measurements (NCRP) Report No. 138, (2001). Provides information and recommendations regarding the radiological health and safety issues related to the threat of terrorist activities involving radioactive material.
- Protecting people against radiation exposure in the event of a radiological attack. International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP), (2005).
- Protective Action Guides (PAGs). Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Manual of Protective Action Guides and Protective Actions for Nuclear Incidents. 400-R-92-001, (July 1991).