- Safety and Health Topics
The following references provide information on evaluating occupational exposures to 1,3-butadiene.
- Chemical Sampling Information. OSHA. Presents, in concise form, data on a large number of chemical substances that may be encountered in industrial hygiene investigations. Basic reference for industrial hygienists engaged in OSHA field activity.
- Occupational Chemical Database. OSHA maintains this chemical database as a convenient reference for the occupational safety and health community. It compiles information from several government agencies and organizations. This database originally was developed by OSHA in cooperation with EPA.
- Locating and Estimating Air Emissions from Sources of 1,3-Butadiene. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Publication No. 454/R-96-008, (November 1996). Includes general descriptions of the emitting processes and identifies potential release points and emission factors.
The analytical methods recommended for 1,3-butadiene are OSHA Method 56 and NIOSH Method 1024.
- 1,3-Butadiene. Method 56, (December 1985).
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- 1,3-Butadiene. Method 1024, (August 15, 1994).