- Safety and Health Topics
The following references provide information on evaluating occupational exposures to 1,3-butadiene.
- Locating and Estimating Air Emissions from Sources of 1,3-Butadiene. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Publication No. 454/R-96-008, (November 1996). Includes general descriptions of the emitting processes and identifies potential release points and emission factors.
Sampling and Analysis
- OSHA Occupational Chemical Database. OSHA's premier one-stop shop for occupational chemical information. It compiles information from several government agencies and organizations. Information available on the pages includes chemical identification and physical properties, exposure limits, sampling information, and additional resources.
- Sampling and Analytical Methods. OSHA. Provides an alphabetical listing of chemicals that have either a validated or partially validated OSHA method.
- 1,3-Butadiene. Method 56, (December 1985).
For additional information, see OSHA's Sampling and Analysis Safety and Health Topics Page.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM). NMAM is a collection of methods for sampling and analysis of contaminants in workplace air, and in the blood and urine of workers who are occupationally exposed. NMAM also includes chapters on quality assurance, sampling, portable instrumentation, etc.
- 1,3-Butadiene. Method 1024, (August 15, 1994).