Scheduled Maintenance - President's Day Weekend
The U.S. Department of Labor will be conducting scheduled system maintenance beginning Friday, Feb. 15 at 5 p.m. ET through Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m. ET. Some pages may be temporarily unavailable. To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA, or to ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
|Do Not Enter an Unprotected Trench!
||For your safety:
- Slope or bench trench walls, or
- Shore trench walls with supports, or
- Shield trench walls with trench boxes.
- Provide safe access through the use of ladders, ramps or stairways.
- Keep heavy equipment away from trench edges.
- Know where underground utilities are prior to digging.
- Keep excavated or other materials at least 2 feet back from the edge of trench.
OSHA's role is to assure the safety and health of workers by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health.
To get more information, report an emergency or contact your local office:
• (800) 321-OSHA • TTY (877) 889-5627