Trenching PSA (English)
The U.S. Department of Labor is committed to the safety of the American workforce.
If you work around trenches or excavations, here are 5 things you should know to stay safe:
- Ensure there's a safe way to enter and exit.
- Trenches must have cave-in protection.
- Keep materials away from the edge of the trench.
- Look for standing water or atmospheric hazards.
- And, never enter a trench unless it has been properly inspected.
These safety tips can save lives including yours.
To report an unsafe trench, call 1-800-321-6742.
For more information on trench safety, visit www.osha.gov.
This is a message from United States Department of Labor.