NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and may no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only. Return to current News Releases.
Previous Years > December 1999
- December 27 - [Region 1 News Release] - 1999 - 12/27/1999 - OSHA CITES CONTRACTOR FOR ALLEGED WILLFUL TRENCHING SAFETY VIOLATION ON EXETER, NEW HAMPSHIRE, WATER MAIN PROJECT; OVER $57,000 IN FINES PROPOSED AGAINST FIORE CONSTRUCTION CO., INC., OF LEOMINSTER, MASS.
- December 17 - [Region 1 News Release] - 1999 - 12/17/1999 - OSHA CITES TWO EMPLOYERS FOR ALLEGED SERIOUS VIOLATIONS FOLLOWING FATAL CARBON DIOXIDE OVEREXPOSURE AT BOSTON RESTAURANT; $77,000 IN COMBINED PENALTIES PROPOSED
- December 16 - [OSHA Statement] - 1999 - 12/16/1999 - Statement by Labor Secretary Alexis M. Herman on 1998 Workplace Injury and Illness Rates
- December 14 - [Region 2 News Release] - 1999 - 12/14/1999 - OSHA APPOINTS COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST IN NEW JERSEY TO HELP BUSINESSES MEET SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS
- December 13 - [Trade News Release] - 1999 - 12/13/1999 - OSHA AND PRIDE OF ST. LOUIS FORM LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP TO IMPROVE SAFETY OF AREA CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
- December 09 - [Region 2 News Release] - 1999 - 12/09/1999 - MIDDLE GRANVILLE, NEW YORK, SLATE FIRM CITED BY OSHA FOR ALLEGED FAILURE TO ABATE HEALTH HAZARDS; $45,000 PENALTY PROPOSED
- December 07 - [Region 2 News Release] - 1999 - 12/07/1999 - NASSAU, NEW YORK COATING MANUFACTURER CITED BY OSHA FOR ALLEGED WILLFUL AND OTHER HEALTH VIOLATIONS: $114,500 IN PENALTIES PROPOSED
- December 07 - [Region 4 News Release] - 1999 - 12/07/1999 - OSHA FINES POULTRY PROCESSOR $74,250 FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS AT PLANTS IN MORTON AND MCCOMB
- December 06 - [Region 4 News Release] - 1999 - 12/06/1999 - GULFPORT EXPLOSION LEADS TO PENALTIES TOTALING $22,350 FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS
- December 06 - [Region 4 News Release] - 1999 - 12/06/1999 - OSHA FINES DUBLIN, GA., COMPANY FOLLOWING WORKER FALL FROM ROCKDALE COUNTY COMMUNICATION TOWER
- December 02 - [Region 1 News Release] - 1999 - 12/02/1999 - OSHA CITES TWO NEW HAMPSHIRE CONTRACTORS FOR ALLEGED FALL PROTECTION HAZARDS AT MANCHESTER WORKSITE; NEARLY $40,000 IN FINES PROPOSED
- December 02 - [Region 1 News Release] - 1999 - 12/02/1999 - OSHA PROPOSES OVER $66,000 IN PENALTIES AGAINST CLEAN HARBORS ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, INC., FOR ALLEGED WILLFUL AND SERIOUS VIOLATIONS FOLLOWING EXPLOSION AT NORWALK, CONN., WORKSITE