NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only. Return to current Interpretations.
Previous Years > 1989
- [12/15/1989] Currently Approved Alternate Standards In Use by Agencies
- [12/09/1989] Application of 1910.120 to sewer overflow station construction site with contaminated soil.[1910.120]
- [11/27/1989] Enforcement Statistics Report
- [11/21/1989] Life-GARD needle shield by Willander; The Recapper by Atomic Products Corporation
- [11/15/1989] Request for Interpretation of ANSI B30.11.
- [11/03/1989] Exhaust air in spray operations.
- [10/16/1989] Recordkeeping interpretation on calculation of LWDI rates when a company has three manufacturing establishments on one site.[1904.12(g)(1)]
- [09/12/1989] Requests for Enforcement Data from the IMIS System
- [09/11/1989] Application of 1910.120 to post-emergency clean-up operations including oil spill clean-ups.[1910.120(q)]
- [08/31/1989] "Guarding of Floor Openings and Floor Holes" to floor openings of a limited depth.[1926.500]
- [06/30/1989] "HIV (AIDS virus)" Labeled Disinfectants
- [06/11/1989] Application of CPL 2-2.44A to products claiming effectiveness against AIDS virus.
- [05/24/1989] Distribution of Penalties Collected on Violation-by-Violation Cases.
- [05/23/1989] 24 hour training required for employers covered by 1910.120(a)(1) (i), (ii), and (iv).[1910.120(l)(3)]
- [05/23/1989] Criteria for inclusion of workers in a medical surveillance program and training under 1910.120.[1910.120(f); 1910.120(l)(3)]
- [05/23/1989] Personnel platform attached directly to a boom.[1926.451; 1926.556]
- [05/22/1989] Safety railings.[1926.750]
- [05/15/1989] IBP Settlement Agreement
- [05/02/1989] Consumer product exemption under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).[1910.1200(a)(4)(iv)]
- [05/02/1989] List of establishments that have received inspection exemption certificates.
- [04/17/1989] Ruling as to whether blank OSHA-200 logs must be maintained at each jobsite where no recordable injuries or illnesses have occurred.[1904.2(a)]
- [04/17/1989] Interpretation on whether an injury constituted a restriction of work activity.
- [04/14/1989] Field Operations Manual (FOM) interpretation on sending citations to a construction site.
- [03/15/1989] Application of the HCS to certain products containing crystalline silica.[1910.1200(b)(2)]
- [03/09/1989] Interpretation of 1910.106(d)(2)(i), as it applies to the storage of combustible liquids in polyethylene containers.[1910.106(d)(2)(i)]