NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only. Return to current Interpretations.
Previous Years > 1986
- [10/30/1986] 1926.451(i)(8) does not allow two or more employees to use a common lifeline.[1926.451(i)(8)]
- [09/05/1986] Clarification of OSHA's regulations formerly codified at 1518.751(c)(i), now 29 CFR 1926,751 (c)(2).[1926.751]
- [08/05/1986] Establishing carcinogenicity of sodium and potassium salts of chromate and dichromate.[1910.1200(d)(4)]
- [05/29/1986] Summary of OSHA testimony before various Congressional committees, May 1986.
- [05/13/1986] Iodine exposure during pre-operative scrubbing.
- [04/17/1986] Spacing of guardrail brackets used on flying forms.[1926.704]
- [04/03/1986] "Ambu" Bags (Bag Valve Masks) - Pocket Masks
- [03/11/1986] Monitoring inspections for long-term abatements.
- [03/03/1986] Alarm requirements for breathing air compressors;Respirators for paint materials containing TDI or MDI;Full facepiece respirators are required when eye irritation is experienced.[1910.134(i); 1910.134(d)]
- [02/21/1986] Ground Fault Protection as related to extension cords between the permanent wiring and the powered tool.[1926.403]
- [02/13/1986] Required floor guarding for pouring concrete on metal decking.[1926.500; 1926.750]
- [02/12/1986] Response to request for variance from 1910.178(n)(4).[1910.178(n)(4)]
- [02/03/1986] Testing of video display units (VDUs) and the determination of the quality of VDU work environments.