NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only. Return to current Interpretations.
Previous Years > 1979
- [12/11/1979] Interpretation on the acceptability of steel bands for guardrails.[1926.500(f)(1)(vi)]
- [12/10/1979] The approval and use of "PRO-TEK-TO" safety toe caps.[1910.132; 1910.136]
- [12/03/1979] National Electrical Code Interpretation.[1910.309]
- [09/18/1979] Railing required for opensided floor or platform 6 feet or more above the floor or ground level.[1926.500]
- [07/26/1979] Installation of electrical equipment.[1910.309]
- [05/03/1979] Lean-to Scaffolds.[1926.451(a); 1926.451(a)(20)]
- [04/23/1979] Proper Citing of Rubber-Tired Skid-Steer Machines Not Equipped with Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS)
- [04/19/1979] Citing of rubber-tired skid-steer machines not equipped with rollover protective structures.
- [03/21/1979] General duty provisions are used in inspection only where there are no specific standards applicable to the particular hazard involved.[1910.5(f)]