TEXT VERSION OF TITLE SLIDE:
Title: Reinventing Retirement
- Boomers much less likely to associate retirement with the traditional
retirement age of 65.
- Nearly 70% of workers who have not retired report that they plan to work
into their retirement years or never retire.
- Almost half of workers 45-70 indicate that they envision working into their
70s or beyond.
[Speaker Notes: The boomers will reinvent "retirement," working longer either
because they want to or they need to.
Older workers offer businesses a unique combination of experience, loyalty,
enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
As the workforce ages, businesses that know how to recruit and retain mature
workers will gain a competitive edge.
According to HR Professionals, older workers….
AARP CHANGED THEIR NAME FROM AMERICAN ASSOC OF RETIRED PERSONS …
- Add diversity of thought / approach
- Are loyal to their employer
- Take work seriously
- Are willing to work different schedules
- Have a strong work ethic
Includes AARP log]