Back to Electrical Transmission and Distribution
Best Practice: Administrative Controls
SUBJECT: ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROLS
PRACTICE STATEMENT: Injuries to personnel from improper job planning and risk assessment.
PRACTICE DESCRIPTION: Identify type and quantity of Insulate and Isolate components
- Pre-planning to begin at the pre-bid meeting.
- Preliminary job site analysis.
- Contractor shall request information from the Host Employer so that the Contractor may be able to
conduct adequate risk assessments prior to beginning operations.
- Line work on conductors or equipment shall be performed when they are de-energized or a portion
is de-energized and grounded when possible.
- Eliminate injuries resulting from improper planning by ensuring key job hazards are identified and
controlled and provide support to contractors in obtaining needed information for effective risk
National Electric Safety Code (NESC, ANSI C2 – Part 4)
The ET&D Partnership maintains a Web site in support of this Partnership. For more information on Best Practices visit
Page last updated: 04/15/2010