|<< Back to Region VIII
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
BILLINGS AREA OFFICE
BASIC ENERGY SERVICES
WILLISTON BASIN, MONTANA OPERATIONS
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Basic Energy
Services, Williston Basin, recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster
safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and Basic Energy Services hereby form an alliance
to provide Basic Energy Services and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that
will help them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure
to the hazards in the oil and gas field servicing industry.
OSHA and Basic Energy Services will work together to achieve the following outreach and education
OSHA and Basic Energy Services will work together to achieve the following outreach
and communication goals:
- Provide expertise to develop training and education programs regarding specific hazard recognition
and prevention associated within the oil and gas field servicing industry. The programs will aim
toward improving relationships, education, and training for Basic Energy Services’ employees,
managers, and supervisors.
- Deliver, arrange for, or assist in the delivery of, the OSHA 10 Hour Construction course for Basic
Energy Services’ employees. Furthering their education will aid in decreasing the amount and types
of injuries and workers claims by participant employees.
OSHA and the Basic Energy Services will work together to achieve the following
goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at either OSHA’s or Basic Energy Services’ conferences or other events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding
Basic Energy Services best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach
on web sites, newsletters, and bulletins and through OSHA’s Montana Compliance Assistance Quarterly
Newsletter and outreach forums and presentations.
- Promote and encourage Basic Energy Services participation in OSHA’s cooperative programs such as
compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and the Safety and Health
Achievement Recognition Program.
- Encourage Basic Energy Services worksites to build relationships with OSHA’s Regional and Area
Offices to address health and safety issues.
OSHA’s Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary
cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and
communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have
proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance
with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party’s products or services; nor does the Agency
enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party’s products or services.
- Raise others’ awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health
whenever Basic Energy Services leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and
publicize the results.
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on construction
safety and the four major hazards to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide
input on safety and health issues.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan
of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the
participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share
information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate this agreement
for any reason at any time provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified
at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.