I. Alliance Background
May 25, 2007
OSHA and Center for Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) hereby form an Alliance to provide employers and
employees in the polyurethanes industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources
that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing
over exposure to isocyanates.
II. Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA and CPI communicated by telephone and e-mail in support of this agreement
on – June 5, 2007; June 7, 2007; and March 6, 2008.
May 25, 2007, through May 24, 2008
III. Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- OSHA supported the CPI in the development of the example Respiratory Protection Program for the
truck bed liner (TBL) industry.
- On September 24 – 26, 2007, the Polyurethanes 2007 technical conference was conducted at the
Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
- The CPI's example Respiratory Protection Program for the truck bed liner (TBL) industry was
distributed to all of the OSHA Area Offices in Region IV.
- The CPI posted: Respiratory Protection Program for the Truck Bed Liner (TBL) Industry
- 228 KB].
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Please refer to the item listed above
V. Upcoming Milestones in FY 2008
- Continue to promote the Alliance.
- Promote the OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) to interested CPI members.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Cooperative and State
Programs at 202-693-2200 for assistance accessing PDF materials.