<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed August 12, 2003; concluded March 30, 2005)
Front row, (L-R): OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary of Labor, John Henshaw; Ben Cook, President, NECA and John Grau, CEO and Executive Vice President, NECA sign national Alliance on August 12, 2003. Back row: Dave Potts, Director of Safety and Insurance, NECA and Emilio Roucco, Director of Public Relations, NECA.
OSHA's Alliance with NECA focuses on providing
NECA members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources
that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing
and preventing exposure to electrical and construction
hazards. Alliance goals include:
Training and education:
- Identify training needs relating to inside electrical, powerline, and video-data-voice
systems construction and maintenance and then develop training that
can be delivered at NECA chapters.
Outreach and communication:
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including links from
OSHA's and NECA's web sites.
- Speak, exhibit or appear at the NECA Expo, meetings, or other events.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in best practices or
effective approaches as jointly determined by OSHA and NECA.
- Promote and encourage NECA members' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance
assistance and the Consultation Program. NECA will act as mentor to members that aspire to excellence in
safety and health.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health,
whenever NECA leaders address groups.
- Share information on NECA worksites' best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and NECA,
with others in the industry through outreach by NECA and through OSHA - or NECA - developed training programs
and materials. Promote their implementation through print or electronic media, at conferences, or by other
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on electrical
contracting industry problems to help forge innovative solutions to electrical and associated construction
safety and health issues in the workplace.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- February 1, 2005: District IV Council Meeting, Naples, Florida.
- Teresa A. Harrison, Region IV Deputy Regional Administrator, USDOL-OSHA,
presentation on OSHA's cooperative programs; including Alliances, in particular the NECA
Alliance and Strategic Partnerships.
- October 16-19, 2004: NECA's 103rd Annual Convention, Los Angeles, California.
- February 29-March 3, 2004: NECA Association Executives Institute
Conference, Los Angeles, California.
- March 1, 2004: OSHA
Updates [PPT* -
2 MB], Paula White, Director, Directorate of Cooperative and State
Programs, USDOL-OSHA, updated the attendees on OSHA's cooperative programs;
including Alliances, in particular the NECA Alliance, and Strategic
- October 1-4, 2003: NECA's 102nd Annual Convention, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs at 202-693-2200 for assistance accessing PPT materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.