The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Belfor USA recognize the
value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces.
OSHA and Belfor USA hereby form an Alliance to provide Belfor USA employees and others in the construction and
restoration industries with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect
employees' health and safety especially in the areas of mold removal and motor vehicle safety. In developing
the Alliance, OSHA and Belfor USA recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an
integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and Belfor USA will work together to achieve the following training and education goal:
OSHA and Belfor USA will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop and disseminate training and education programs on mold removal,
focusing on Containment Set-Up and Personal Protective Equipment and motor vehicle safety.
OSHA and Belfor USA will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national
dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media,
including a Motor Vehicle Safety eTool.
- Increase non-English or limited English speaking employees' access to and understanding of safety and health
information and available training resources, in particular mold removal and motor vehicle safety.
- Identify contacts within Belfor USA that can provide OSHA with information regarding mold removal.
- Promote and encourage Belfor USA worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance,
the Voluntary Protection Programs, Consultation and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on mold removal and motor vehicle safety that
are addressed and developed through the Alliance.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with
OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety
and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an
Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance
with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
- Raise awareness through speeches and appearances by Belfor USA's leaders of the benefits of safety and health in the workplace.
- Participate in forums, roundtable discussions and conferences on mold removal and motor vehicle safety, in the construction
and restoration industries, to help forge innovative solutions to raising safety awareness in the workplace.
Belfor USA is not a standard-setting organization, and information developed and provided pursuant to this Alliance is not intended
as a legally binding standard or guideline.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working
procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least quarterly to
track and share information on activities and results of achieving the goals of the Alliance. Team members will include representatives
of OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs, Directorate of Construction and any other appropriate offices. OSHA will
encourage State Plan States' and OSHA Consultation Projects' participation on the team.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give
30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with concurrence of both signatories.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Paul T. Becker, Jr.
Corporate Safety Manager