<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed August 10, 2004; concluded September 1, 2005)
(L to R) OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary John Henshaw and ASHI's Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Tim Eiman sign national Alliance on August 10, 2004.
The OSHA and ASHI Alliance will help prepare employees, including but not limited to youth and Spanish-speaking workers, and small business employers and others, to respond to emergency situations by providing information, guidance, and access to training resources on various safety and health topics. The Alliance will particularly focus on emergency preparedness and response, including business continuity issues, and first aid information such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) techniques. TheAlliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA and/or ASHI conferences, local meetings and other events, including ASHI's annual conference.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding ASHI best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by ASHI and through OSHA- or ASHI-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Incorporate information on OSHA's cooperative programs such as Compliance Assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program in ASHI publications and other media.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever ASHI leaders address groups.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, member forums or stakeholder meetings on emergency preparedness and response, including business continuity issues, and first aid, such as CPR and AED techniques, to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases