- For a maximum intended load of 25 pounds per square foot:
- Beams must be 4 x 6 inches in cross section, with
- A maximum beam span of 10 feet, and
- The platform span must be no more than 8 feet.
- Must be attached to the needle beam by a scaffold hitch or eye splice, and
- The loose end must be tied by a bowline knot or a round turn and a half hitch. [1926 Subpart L Appendix A (u)(1)]
- Rope strength must at least be equal to 1-inch diameter, first-grade manila rope. [1926 Subpart L Appendix A (u)(2)]