Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
What do you mean by management commitment and employee involvement?
Employers and employees work together to make safety and health a priority. Employer and employee communication is essential.
Some ways to achieve employer commitment and employee involvement include:
- Post the company's written safety and health policy for all to see.
- Involve employees in policy making on safety and health issues.
- Take an active part in safety activities.
- Hold meetings that focus on employee safety and health.
- Abide by all safety and health rules.
- Invest time, effort, and money in your safety and health program.
Management leadership and employee involvement are complementary. Management leadership provides the motivating force and the resources for organizing and controlling activities within the organization. In an effective program, management regards worker safety and health as a fundamental value. Employer involvement provides the means through which workers express their own commitment to safety and health, for themselves and their fellow workers. The four main topics that are covered in this section are: