The major responsibilities of the Staging Area Manager
- Review Common
- Proceed to Staging Area.
- Establish Staging Area layout.
- Determine any support needs for equipment, feeding,
sanitation and security.
- Establish check-in function as appropriate.
- Post areas for identification and traffic control.
- Request maintenance service for equipment at Staging
Area as appropriate.
- Respond to request for resource assignments. (Note:
This may be direct from the Operations
Section Chief (OPS) or via the Incident Communications
- Obtain and issue receipts for radio equipment and
other supplies distributed and received at Staging
- Determine required resource levels from the OPS.
- Advise the OPS when reserve levels reach minimums.
- Maintain and provide status to Resource Unit of
all resources in Staging Area.
- Maintain Staging Area in orderly condition.
- Demobilize Staging Area in accordance with the Incident
- Maintain Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214,
5 KB PDF*).