In Incident Command System (ICS), a number of the Unit Leader's responsibilities are common to all units in all parts of the organization. The following is a checklist applicable to Unit Leaders in an ICS organization:
- Review Common Responsibilities.
- Upon check-in, receive briefing from Incident Commander, Section Leader, or Branch Director as appropriate.
- Participate in incident planning meetings, as required.
- Determine current status of unit activities.
- Order additional unit staff, as appropriate.
- Determine resource needs.
- Confirm dispatch and estimated time of arrival of staff and supplies.
- Assign specific duties to staff; supervise staff.
- Develop and implement accountability, safety and security measures for personnel and resources.
- Supervise demobilization of unit, including storage of supplies.
- Provide Supply Unit Leader with a list of supplies to be replenished.
- Maintain unit records, including Unit/Activity Log (ICS Form 214, 5 KB PDF*).